November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I decided to resurrect my blog after my...14 month hiatus! I've been actively following all my favorite blogs in the realms of teaching, adoption, DIY, etc, however, I've missed having my own little corner. Last year was my first year teaching in an Inner City school and I had a tough group of kiddos. I dropped the blog and a few other things in order to have more time to focus on my career and service. I made it and came out smiling at the end :-).

I am so thankful for last year. While it was an incredible challenge, it prepared me so well to work with a special group of kids at a great school. It has made this year run so peacefully, and even seem, gasp! easy at times. Stay tuned for some posts on what we've been up to in Room 306!

To close, I leave you with my top 10 list of what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:

1. My Lord who always provides and showers me with grace and mercy

2. My Family- amazing Parents, 3 talented Sibs, and yes, even the Furry Sibs

3. My friends- especially those I don't see often when when I do it's like we've never been separated

4. My faith community- Word of Life

5. My career- Inner City Performing Arts School- perfect!

6. Adoption- I have been personally blessed through adoption and can't wait to adopt my own babies

7. Our Freedom- thankful for my cousin Max who returned from a successful tour of duty

8.  The Arts- our world needs it. I've been so blessed to get back into dancing/choreographing lately

9. Good Health- I've been surgery free for 2.5 years wow!

10. Bridget Smith- my hero and Godsister who is now a Saint in Heaven. Love you baby girl!
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/manti-teo-notre-dame-comforts-parents-of-dying-girl-with-letter-grief-cancer-102512

Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day!
I'm Back,

No comments:

Post a Comment