September 22, 2011

Small Wins and a Recipe

I've had some great small wins this week and getting my babies trained and ready to go! I love breaking through with the "hard kids" and getting them to really trust me. I've had a couple of precious heart-to-hearts with some of my girls to let them know I'm on their side and we're a team. The results have been great. I highly recommend a "secret sign" to remind them to get back on track so their name isn't being said constantly...

Our Promethean Smart Board has had most of the kinks worked out so the kiddos and I are loving exploring it's capabilities. That is helping for engagement and motivation as well. Promethean Boards are the next generation Smart Board so they are a little different. Any advice? This is my first time with this technology!

Lots of little aha moments too which lets me know that in the midst of reviewing for our state tests (in Oct) and dealing with behavior/character training they are still growing and learning. Yay! Here's to more and more of that as our learning environment becomes increasingly effective!

Lastly...I took out some of my stress on baking last night. I made the most delicious and surprisingly healthy Fall Cake! Seriously only 5 ingredients!

Mix 1 box of cake mix (any flavor but I used spice) with 1 15 oz can of pumpkin- beat for 2 minutes and pour into a greased 11 x 7 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 or so minutes.

While it cools mix 1 cup powdered sugar (although this was a bit much so next time I'll reduce it) with 2 T apple cider and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Drizzle over cake and serve. No eggs, oil, milk, or butter needed. I even ate it for breakfast this am and it made my morning ;-) The original recipe is here: courtesy of Babbling Abby, one of my fav blogs.

Happy first day of Fall,

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for your reignited blog. I look forward to following along.

    Laurel :)

    ReplyDelete