September 19, 2011

Retreat

It's been a little quiet on the blog front because things have been a little, err loud, on the school and health front. Last week was pretty insane. My kiddos (whom I love) had behavior challenges, admin changed our schedule/literacy plan (and as the lit coordinator for my grade level it freaked me out a little-it's a lot of responsibility!), and my body was on strike. Needless to say I was at the end of my rope at the end of the week. Perfect timing for a women's retreat with my faith community. I was so blessed to get some advice from veteran Urban Teachers, Let go and let God, and get some great prayer and worship time in. I came home so rested and peaceful!

I didn't do ANY school while there, other than praying about my role this year. I am so thankful that God gave me some insights into the potential reasons for these challenges and I have a renewed energy to help teach, model, and practice appropriate citizenship and learning behavior this coming week. We will get there, it's only week 3! I am again so thankful for my job, my co-workers, and the special little lives that are entrusted to me this year.  Have a wonderful week y'all. Remember to breathe, remember who's in control :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment