January 31, 2011

Out of the Mouth of a Munchkin...

On Friday, my program finished a writing partnership with a very diverse and energetic! first grade class. We did "How To" writing where the child took on the role of the expert to teach their readers something special.
     Oh
        SO
            Fun :-)
At the writing celebration we gave them shiny folders from our University for their next writing unit. My little girl clutched hers and looked up with these big sparkly eyes and said "I will always treasure this, thank you for being my partner." 
            Melt
        My
  Heart.
But seriously people- we have a lot to learn from that little munchkin. She treasures the moment- she finds JOY in the little things.She took time to say thank you- and truly meant it.

Thank you Little Miss for teaching us all a lesson about Grace.
Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment