August 16, 2010

Summer Vacation!

I am blessed with 2 weeks of break in between semesters- my mini summer vacation! Can I say how amazing it's been? I may or may not have slept in til 1 today (PM) and then took another nap as well. Just because I could...or maybe I needed to! Here's what I've been up to.

Up North with my Family-
"Up North" is Michigan lingo for heading to the northern part of the state, usually to a cottage on a lake. I did just that and enjoyed spending time with some of my family at least before I move out again.

Mackinac Island-
Definitely one of my favorite places on this earth! Mackinac is a historic island between peninsulas where Lake Michigan and Lake Huron meet. There are NO cars allowed on the island, just horses, bikes, and 2 feet. Great exercise...to work off the amazing Mackinac fudge. My mom and I rode 9 miles, stopping sometimes to read and relax along the shore. Just being in God's amazing creation! It was definitely a powerful realization that I'm really getting my strength/endurance back! Yeah! I'll post some pictures soon.

Wedding-
One of my dear friends, Sheila, got hitched! I had several weddings this summer, guess I'm getting to *that* age, but this was first time I was a bridesmaid. What an honor to stand up with her as she gave her heart in union with her new husband's heart to the Lord. They sang a beautiful duet to Charlotte Church's The Prayer, that made many of us cry! Sheila has walked through many crosses the past few years and I am so excited and hopeful for this new journey she is beginning. Praise God for new beginnings. For family, that we are not meant to walk life alone. For love, that is God himself and his tangible touch in our lives. Pray for Sheila and Dustin on their honeymoon this week!

Next up- The Move! But that's another post. Goodnight friends, hoping that you are all enjoying this last bit of summer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment