August 8, 2010

Finals.

Yep, last week was that time once again. That also means its time to facebook, upload new music, organize my room...basically any excuse I can think of. I am, without a doubt, one of the world's best procrastinators. Yet, it always gets done. And weirdly enough, I find finals week to be a pretty productive time. Like my cohort (classmates), I was pretty stressed about the first finals of grad school. Unlike most of my classmates, I was not out of finals practice...I did just graduate 3 months ago!

So while it's so easy to find things to complain about...ahem those 54 essays for the literacy exam, it's all about perspective. Yes, finals are part of my vocation right now as a student, but no, a year down the road they are not going to matter. No one looks at those numbers anyway. What matters is who I live my life for and how I do it. Perspective. That's what I kept in mind this week. I have a lot to be thankful for. So while I still had stress and dropped the ball on a few things, sleep for instance, it was a pretty good week.

I made it!

And now...it's time to play and spend some much needed family time before I move. Here's where I've been:

Hanging out with this great sister and pet ('rents and cousins too)

Here's a hint to where I'm going tomorrow:

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment