August 22, 2010

Moving and Thoughts for the Semester

I spent the weekend moving into my new apartment. It's coming along amazingly- definitely hope to post some pics! However, we do not have internet for the week and I'm starting school again so it may be a while. Just wanted to share that God is fabulous, as usual. He totally designed this living situation for D and I and has already showered us with grace. True story: The day I got home from the hospital I was praying for my living situation/this next year on the way to school. 5 mins after I got there this new friend/classmate (but GF of one of my guy friends)asked me if I was needing a place. The rest is history :-)Love when He does that. He provides so well for our needs when we trust Him!

We have had some amazing conversations already- thank you Lord for ministering through us. I can tell it is going to be a very peaceful year even though we are both tackling difficult 1 yr school programs. This is going to be a great year of leaning into Him, and growing both in the vocations He has called us to as well as in our relationships with Him. As I begin the new semester this quote by Nelson Mandela strikes me:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

This light is a GOD-GIVEN light, unique to us, created for the purpose HE has for us in the world. It can be scary to let shine, it definitely isn't easy, and the world for sure doesn't support us in it. But Lord, please fill us more with your Light so that we may set this world ablaze. Please help us to surrender to you more so that you in turn can work through us. Help us to calm our fears and our sense of control. We want not ours, but YOUR plan for our lives. Help us even in our business of daily life to minister to others and spread your LIGHT! In His name,

1 comment:

  1. You do a wonderful job painting pictures with words. I would have loved to be there to see you perform. God is great!

    ReplyDelete