December 15, 2012

Sandy Hook School

Along with most of the nation, I've had a hard time dealing with the news of the Sandy Hook School Shooting. Friday's events shook the image of school as a safe haven for students, teachers, and parents alike.  I am so sorry for the loss of those 20 beautiful first graders and their 6 heroic educators.  My love and prayers go out to the Newtown Community and will continue to do so in the coming days.

Several of my teacher friends and I have been posting this quote on facebook, and I believe I will use it in my classroom on Monday to help my students deal with this news. In the midst of this dark time the stories are coming out of heroism, our nation is coming together to support our brothers and sisters, prayers are being said, love is being shared. Will our country begin to heal?
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment