July 6, 2011

Open Windows.

My poor neglected blog. 
It feels like I start every post lately with something along those lines- my apologies!
I can say I'll try harder but I don't want to jinx it lol.

I went through a bit of a rough patch with my job hunt- long story short, a job I thought I had in the bag fell through. This economy is pretty frustrating. Yet, I totally believe that everything happens for a reason-

I am sure that the perfect teaching job for me is still out there!
I've been rocking the quote "when God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." (Sound of Music anyone?)

Speaking of Sound of Music- 3 years ago two friends and I took an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime backpacking trip around Europe. We went to 10 countries in 7 weeks. Of course being the musical-obsessed person that I am, I had to visit Salzburg. It just happened to be the opening of the EuroCup that day so the city was overrun by mad futbol fans (well that was cool too) but I managed to see a few of the movie locations. Here's my proof :-)

Look closely- we were rocking the "hide from the Nazi's pose"- what Tourists:-)




Anyway...the window.
Yes, a new school popped up and I had my 3rd interview there today.
It's actually not new to me because I taught there 3.5 years ago with a creative writing partnership. The same semester when I knew I had to be a teacher. Coincidence?
I think not.

It's a perfect fit- a performing arts school. They equally value academics, character, and the arts.
I won't give too many details yet but my interview today was led by someone pretty famous.
That was just the icing on the cake for an already GREAT school.

Join me in praying it works out?
I'm ready to jump through this window into the next stage of my life.
Whatever that holds for me-

No comments:

Post a Comment